Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Jack Horner........sits in the corny?


So, tomorrow is Nursery Rhyme day at Jack's preschool. Each kid gets to dress as his or her favorite Nursery Rhyme character and then recite the rhyme they have chosen in front of the class. I have been very amazed that Jack knows any nursery rhymes, b/c this isn't something we usually read or do together, as he doesn't prefer it. But, he has 2 of the most incredible teachers, and so, now he willingly offers to sing songs and recite several rhymes, much to his parents' great happiness.

We discussed which rhyme he wanted to use, what his costume would be and most importantly, what he would say! He was really stuck on Little Jack Horner. I tried to give him other options, but so far, he really wants to do that one.

Pause a moment, and recite Little Jack Horner.....but do it using Jack's version of the "E-R" sound. Substitute a long-e sound anywhere there's an er. ...........

Did you do it?

Needless to say, we can't wait to get this on film.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I love that kid! I now use "monsty" and "watee" regularly. Good thing none of the preschoolers have "street smarts" (at least I hope not). I don't think Hot Rod really knew what that word meant either. Remember what he called Jeff Hornacek?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so I literally laughed out loud. I need him to recite that for me. Why is he so funny?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I REALLY hope you filmed it! I would LOVE to see that. In fact, show me on Sunday. I absolutely love that kid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! The teachers will get a giggle for sure - gotta love him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you think he will consent to a performance at our next family party? This has to be recorded for posterity?

    ReplyDelete