Friday, May 16, 2008

May is crazy!!!

I only have one child in school, but I'm already surviving May (aka "School Year Grand Finale Month") and nothing more. My daughter only takes piano, and nobody else does any outside activities besides preschool! In the next 2 weeks, we have 3 trips to My's school, 1 trip to Manny's, and recitals, etc. Add to that 2 birthdays in the Radmall fam, the normal hyjinx of the toddlers and poopy/teethy babies in our lives, the house routine, and........I'm spent! How will I possibly handle when the 2 boys are in school? Jenny, you are my idol for sure!!! Parenthood makes us tired.

Here is a picture of Chad and I:



I took it when Nols was about 2 months old and in the worst stage of his acid reflux. I literally had not slept more than a 4 hour stretch at this point, except maybe one nap. I took the picture to remind us how bad it was....just in case we needed it some day. :)
Notice Chad is shirtless......that's how he rolls.....I'm still posting the pic.

This is one of Nols trying out an acid reflux wedge that was not in the least bit successful:


I guess I've concluded that raising my awesome 3 kids is not unlike my running habit. It's not easy. It's painful when you start (sort of like pregnancy/labor), and sometimes you feel like quitting. But, the rewards and finish lines do come. And, when they do, there's nothing sweeter or better in life. I mean, I would crawl across Wal-Mart (I couldn't think of a worse place) if I knew it meant that I got to watch My-my bow and grin and the end of her part in a play, or if I could see Manny's rendition of a nursery rhyme performed live. Or, if Noly would give me a cheesy chipmunk grin and pat me (hard!). Life is sweet, folks, may I clue in to this at some point and just enjoy the journey!

7 comments:

  1. I love that you took a picture of you two during the acid reflux stage!! I so wish I would have done that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, you guys are hotties! haha! What a crazy life this raising children is, but so much fun at the same time. Don't those hugs and "I love yous" just make it all worth it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is all worth it, despite the sleepness nights and shopping cart crashes in Wal-Mart (my own personal He**). We love your kids (and our own, of course)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Raising kids is crazy, but so much fun too! I barely survive some days, but thank heavens for kids cute comments, smiles, hugs/kisses and funny ways. Sometimes I just need a good laugh and the kiddos pull through for me. I'll bet you are the best mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not even, Jess. Not even. Can't be good at everything. I like to think I'm developing kids with lots of material for their future jobs as writers, comedians, you know..... Boring steady moms make for dull kids? :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. By saying, "cant be good at everything" I just mistakenly implied that I AM, in fact, good at everything else. This is also not true. Just had to clarify. I'm adequate at many things, and good at a few. But, I totally suck at lot of others. (Like catching, for instance). Yes, I mean catching....balls, hints, the meaning of my kids' glances and tears...you know... Catching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep in mind 카지노사이트 that to get the Host bonuses, you need to play by way of all six missions as host

    ReplyDelete