
It's Sunday, about 6 pm. Just spent the day kid-bathing, kid-feeding, and kid-bouncing. I did, to be fair, sneak in 40 minutes of Relief Society uninterrupted, so that should be noted. Pretty extraordinary. Hasn't happened in about 3 years, I'd say. Nolan had no nap, so mommy put him night-night. Now I can blog for 10 minutes.
Wait a minute. Is that SNORING I HEAR?????? Sounds like Chad's out, too. Which makes me think only one word. WHY???????!
I guess it was somewhere between my making dinner and my wrastling 3 kids out of the pantry (and off the enabling step ladder) that he slipped out of consciousness. (And when he slips out, believe me, it's obvious).
Some friends and I were discussing today's gospel doctrine lesson. The topic was Keeping the Sabbath Holy. I'm no saint, people. I'm sure the lightning will be striking me any time now. So, the gospel doctrine teacher (a male) suggested that a nap was an excellent way to keep the Sabbath holy. My question is, how does one procure a nap time-slot when one has 3 alert and very aware children? How does one get said children to also take part in this form of Sabbath day rest? Does it require certain anatomical features that I am missing? Drugs? When I discover the answer, I'll post it. For now, I ask my readers to ponder the question and then let me know how they, themselves, have applied this form of Sabbath observance into their daily (or Sundaily) lives. :)
Maybe I'll ask Chad when he comes to.

That sounds about right. Dad's snoozing, kids running rampant and it's a day of rest for who?
ReplyDeletehmmmm.....all too familiar. Exactly, a day of rest for who? I have tried to slide in a nap and for some reason kids are programmed to always bug mom and leave dad completely alone. I don't get it. I'd like to know the trick. I guess the plan isn't for anyone named mom to get in a quick snooze.
ReplyDeleteMy answer - (maybe not a fair one) GRANDMA'S HOUSE. It only works out once in a while, but I did get to nap yesterday :) (of course that may have had something to doo with the fact that Clint startled me awake with HIS bad dream in the middle of the night and I couldn't get back to sleep.)
ReplyDeleteNaps??? What are those? I'll have to ask Brandon. Uninterrupted Relief Society Lesson?? What's that? Never heard of these things... i've got to say, I have NO IDEA what you're talking about!
ReplyDeleteActually, Brandon seems to always find a way to sneak in his naps on the sabbath.... as a matter of fact, I had to WAKE Brandon up in Priesthood to ask him to take Kaila while I played the piano in primary. Ya, a mommy never rests. It's rediculous! Oh ya... Brandon is also pretty sure that Mary sleeps through the night too... nope.... she doesn't!
It's called a video nanny. Get those scripture cartoons (or old family footage of vacations/performances) and snooze away!! Noles is nearly to the video nanny stage, right? AND don't feel guilty; you need a nap, they need a break and we are all happy when well-rested even if just for 10 or 20 minutes.
ReplyDeleteYour post has me thinking of a million dollar idea. I'll call you later to discuss.
ReplyDeleteThe picture reminds me of a quote my mom always had hanging on the wall when I was a kid...."for THIS I went to college?"
ReplyDeleteHow Do men have the amazing ability to sleep through ANYTHING???!!! Is this a special "man" gift?