I can't wait to see what becomes of these design ideas........http://soa.utexas.edu/solard/. I'm always dreaming of the day when a well-designed efficient house can be my reality. I will settle for a home that isn't so dark. You all know how the inversion got to us last year. So, to battle the S.A.D. in the future, I am going to settle with a few of these www.solatube.com/homeowner/Introduction.php.
I already got the bid for 3. It will be around 1500.00 installed. But.....the fact that I have to run lights until I get sun at 1:00, combined with the prescription that I'll inevitably be taking after another few inversions means that these will pay for themselves in no time.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ahoy! So glad to see you on the blog! Your family pics are SUPER cute! I am jealous! Keep in touch and tell your sisters to add me to their blogs too :)
ReplyDeleteShelley you are brilliant. I'm so glad you posted this. For many reasons.... My bathroom is so dark and so is my living area until 3 pm. then the sun is right in my face at that point. I can't wait to get these. Thanks
ReplyDeleteMaybe you should talk to my mom. I don't know how she managed to get natural light into her bathroom, but she did with the latest renovation. I think Mike and Dave did the work--maybe they could help? Good luck!
ReplyDeleteBRILLIANT!!! .... And a BIG congarats to you and your hubby's 11 years of success!!! :)
ReplyDelete