The pics above are from our recent adventure to run the Hurricane Half. I am so, so lucky to have the most fun, supportive friends and family! I especially realize how fortunate I am to have 2 amazing sisters to laugh with and what's more, that I have great friends that I consider to be my sisters! I really had so much fun two weekends ago, when I went on a race weekend/girls' getaway to St. George. Mel and Denise were so kind as to let us stay in their home.....I can't imagine better parents in-law!
The half-marathon was great. I'll bet sleeping in would have been great too! (Lindsay and Nat were nice enough to come to the finish line even though I'm pretty sure they would like to have slept in). I will say the course was easier than I had anticipated, but it was still a great challenge for me, as I'm just starting to get my legs under me! If it weren't for Miller and Kristine, I don't think I would have done it! And, Lisa is a wealth of info on running! I got great advice from her and am so glad she came, because it was fun to get to know Lisa better and to just relax; we don't always get to do that at family functions with our kids!
All the people who came are my favorite because we can do absolutely nothing and have the best time! We laughed, we cried and we relaxed! It was great. Nobody spins a story like Lindsay. I have heard the legendary "DC Nanny Stories" 3 times and they only get funnier! And, it helps that everyone else was there laughing at the crazy stunts Lindsay's boss would pull. (Bird CPR, anyone)? You guys are just the best! Plus, the Dental Diaries were great too! Oh, Miller and Kristine, how little we Ricks's knew about your professions!
Anyway, I just wanted to share some pics of the trip (I didn't take many....these are of us outside the Bear Paw after the race) and let everyone know that I had fun. Miller, I look forward to more runs with you! You have been so fun to run with and I am so glad you will go with me! Lisa, if I could ever catch you, I'd love to run with you! Kristine, I am coming in a couple of weeks and it is a good thing because I might cry if I think about how bad I miss you and your family. It's like I've lost my arm and I can't carry on nearly so well now that it's in Oregon!

I had so much fun! These pictures are cute of everyone. I wish I could live closer to you guys so I could join in on the running fun. I will have to wait for the next girls trip. I hope we can make it an annual thing. I am so excited to see you guys.
ReplyDeleteI was telling Ricks that I have never been on a "girls getaway" and I don't know why I've waited so long? It was such a blast! I love you Ricks girls! Kristine and Lisa areawesome and I'm so glad that I got to meet them. I agree with Kristine that we should make this an annual adventure. Thanks so much for encouraging me to run. I wouldn't get up if I wasn't meeting such a ray of sunshine each morning (that's you).
ReplyDeleteUm, I'm surprised that you still listen to the "DC Nanny stories." I think to say that you have heard them 3 times is a major understatement! I had a great time! There's nothing like doing nothing (and eating) to set me up forever (maybe not forever, but until next year, when I WILL be running [slowly, of course]). I had a ball! Thanks to Mel and Denise and all the gals (especially our "event organizer"...you!) who made this trip a load of fun!
ReplyDeleteI'm already gearing up for the next trip. After the week I've had, I hope it's sooner, rather than later. We did have fun with Jack and Noly today. Noah keeps asking when he can play with Jack again. Anyway...come up and play anytime!
ReplyDelete