Monday, June 16, 2008

Zoo Animals.......On Wheels!!!!

For those of you who remember "These Friends of Mine" from long ago, the title was for you! On Friday, I decided it was high time to leave my housework behind for a day. I was going to get my kids (uncleaners) out of the house and to the zoo, before the inevitable Utah Summer Heat Wave cancelled our fully-clothed outdoor plans.

We had a really relaxed day, and everyone was well-behaved and pleasant. Nolan stayed in his stroller, Maya and Jack only whined a total of 5 times, between them, and they didn't fight with each other once! Nolan even made the same animal noise for every creature he saw. It was great. I had that "I Really Like My Kids" feeling. I started looking to the future, when they are older and we can venture out a little more easily.

I don't even have any funny anecdotes, which end with someone in the E.R. The only goof up was that I forgot my camera. Luckily, Maya had packed her own bag, with snacks and a camera. I don't think she trusts her mom to remember! (I don't blame her). Enjoy our photos!!!


Nothing beats a pair of bronze tigers.
What an attractive woman. Is that a double chin AND a lego-man haircut? Nice.
Why do my kids like the fake elephant better than the real ones?
Because it makes sneeze noises and squirts Jack!
Ah, the old Lion Fountain. (Please, kids, don't contract a virus right before our vacation).
Why don't they still have the wax animal machines? Oh, how I loved those.

It was a great time. I am realizing now, though, that I really ought to consider ironing and hairdo's before we leave. Maybe when they don't already take 2 hours to get out the door.

3 comments:

  1. No one notices their hair--they're just so happy! Looks like a fun day and perfect weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They got rid of the wax animal machines because kids like me used to think they were candy!! Wish we could have gone with you. And if I could find that episode of "Get a Life" I would be set up forever!!! (These Friends of Mine was a completely different show! PS).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. I have my t.v. shows mixed up........I should have known to consult you first, Linds.

    ReplyDelete