First, Grandma Shar, Maya and I went to dinner, then Capitol Theater, to see High School the Musical (on tour!!!). My mom really is a great grandma. We are lucky.
Dinner was funny. Maya chose the place. Perhaps you recognize the decor? Have you ever seen a skinny 7-year-old ask passionately for more white bread, on the sly? (I thought we already had white bread covered, if you know what I mean, but I was wrong). Maya could have cared less about dinner. She just wanted more sourdough, on the double! I like her. She is not afraid to ask. Our server was amused.
The show didn't disappoint. Maya sat on the edge of her seat, zoned in, for the greater portion of the play. Mom and I had almost as much fun watching her absorb as we did seeing late-twenty-somethings and early-thirty-somethings play highschoolers! One thing's for certain. These seasoned thespians sure out-sang those Disney Kids!!!! (no nasal whining or digital remastery in THIS show. Although, nobody does Disney hip-hop like Disney kids). We also enjoyed the additional scenes in the stage adaptation. Maya's favorite part was when one kid in drama detention acted like an inchworm, slowly angling across the stage on his belly, over an entire scene. Go figure.
Anyway, I secretly hope that Maya will one day have a desire to be in plays because she creates many amazing home-theatricals right in our front yard. We've had "one-actor" plays, Maya and Jack productions, and neighborhood shows.
Grandma Shar, we really had fun. Perhaps you have planted a seed that will soon blossom into thespianism. What do you think? Should I get the Round-up?

HOW FUN!! My kids aren't quite old enough to know what High School Musical is yet, but oh how the media can capture even the youngest of ages! And yes, I love the SECRET HOPES of wanting your child to be involved in something. What a fun mom you are!!
ReplyDeleteOkay, as soon as I clicked on your blog and High School Musical started up I was singing right along and felt like I should get up and do the dance from the movie. We are big HSM fans at our house. My girls are counting down to the new movie. My ring tone is even a song from HSM2, I thought my kids would get a kick out of that. I am so glad that you guys got to go to the play with your mom! What a fun experience and memory. You girls are way too cute! It was so good to see you the other day! You are an awesome mom and good example to me. If only I could be more like my awesome friends, then I would be the best mom ever! You are such a great friend. I love ya! (sorry for the looonnnnggggg comment!)
ReplyDeleteYou couldn't wait a week and a half? WHAT!! J/K; that looks like a party. Sabrina can sing "What I've Been Looking For" (the fast annoying version and the slow romantic version). Now, that's sad.
ReplyDeleteI will never forget Maya in the restaurant, she was hilarious. What a fun time. I'm pretty sure that the performing seed was planted in her DNA before birth, forget the Round-up.
ReplyDeleteI have to agree. We even hear her shooting commercials from time to time; I totally remember doing that......alone......in the bathtub. (Who was going to buy what I was selling? The spider in the corner? I don't know).
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun night! You are a good mom. I watched nervously as Calvin watched the movie of high school musical, luckily it did not keep his attention long.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun day! You know we're fans-of the musical and the factory-I'm assuming that's where you were.
ReplyDelete