Natalie,
Hats off for being an amazing sister. I mean, who else (besides Lindsay) would agree to our first annual Wednesday's Child program? I don't know why I'm lucky enough to have you for a sister, but I do appreciate you giving me that break twice a month. And, I am so grateful my kids can build good relationships with yours, and that you love them while they're slowly and methodically tearing apart your house, lego by lego. I know not everyone would be so gentle with them, and so patient. I thank you!
Lindsay,
Who else (besides Natalie) would let me rant about the election for that long on a Wednesday night, with a newborn crying and a sleep debt that rivals a meth addict? I mean, I was really coming up with some doozies tonight. (I don't see race, only sex appeal?) A bit hypocritical, no? I am glad you will let me spout off. And yes, I think we all know what will be happening in our voting booths in November!
Not only do I have two best friends. I have two sisters! So here's to my amazing sisters/drop-in day-care providers/gabbing gossipers/bubblegum movie watchers/disaster relief workers/comic relief. Life wouldn't be living without you!

Oh Shell! I liked the convo more than you did, guaranteed! Who else would talk to me about nothing that long (besides Nat)? And remember, in the voting booth it's between you and the screen and no one else. I don't see race, I just see dental hygiene.
ReplyDeleteThat picture of me reminds me that if you're child ever needed a nurse-maid, I'm certainly not the one to call!!
It is one of the miracles of life that the three of you survived the screaming, shoe throwing, clothes stealing, and door slamming fights to make it to this rewarding stage of sisterhood...and it all happened so fast. I so love the three of you. (The other two as well.)
ReplyDeleteThanks Shell!!
ReplyDeleteI feel the exact same way about you and Lin and am so happy that we are able to be close in proximity again! My kids LOVE their cousins, and I love your kids (and Lin's) like my own. I know you feel the same about my kids, and I would happily take your kids ANY day or hour! I hope you all get feeling better soon, and we love you guys!!
I will now end this commentary with a singing of the "Golden Girls" theme song.
ReplyDeleteYa know, that's so cool that you are all so close. I'm kinda sad I never had a sister, not that I would trade my brothers for anything, but I feel I missed out on something. Oh well, I have sister-in-laws now, and that's fun!
ReplyDeleteOk, so I echo Mom's sentiments - it is a miracle that a fast flung shoe never did any permanently debilitating damage to one or all of you! I think it's great that you guys are all such good friends now and sorry to crash the party but I'm glad we all are such good friends, Jeff and I included. I am so glad to have 4 siblings that are counted among my best friends and who are so darn impressive! Oh and yes, you caught me at a sappy stage of life so treasure this but yeah I really do love you guys :)
ReplyDelete