Friday, January 2, 2009

Promises I don't intend to keep........

Hey all! I'm not vowing to do anything in 09 except be maybe better than I was last year, at something. I'm tired of resolutions. I always tend to fight them anyway. It's better not to give myself anything to rebel against.


Here is what I am looking forward to in '09:


Running. This picture should discourage me. I look like hell warmed over.



(I just signed up for the Ragnar Relay with some old friends and some new.....couldn't be more thrilled to actually get back in it......Come on, old girl. I know I am tempting medical fate here, but how many baseballs can one woman grow?)..........


Not having a spotless house, or really much of anything that can't be undone in 5 minutes, and for once, accepting it. (Reality is difficult for me.........must pull head from clouds).


Maya's ice skating lessons, Jack's Spring soccer, and Nolan's talk-splosion (should hit any time.....a personal favorite stage to experience with my little Manny Manewitz).


A Possible Disney vaca. (I don't even dare plan them anymore after '08's "Chad and Shelley do Maui for their 10-year" turns to Vegas B-listers Door #2 vacation) but any of you who know me well know my freakish closet travel literature habit always gets the better of me. I hate Vegas, but I love it too.


Sowing the travel seeds in my children NOW so that I will FINALLY have someone to eat weird Thai food in Thailand with, and go to British music fests with, and bike across the country with? O.K., Chad will do that one. It will involve at least 3 things he is comfortable with: exhaust, America, and bad burgers. (I knew what Chad was when I picked him up! NOT a world traveller). But worth it!


Seeing Chad do the Ragnar Relay (I know)! and race in the desert. (I think this year, I can actually be like his pit crew or his tube top-wearing trophy queen. I will get the blond wig, the falsies, and the top ready to hit the desert......)



Hope for me that these things can come to pass!



5 comments:

  1. I look forward to the pictures of the trophy queen in the tube top. May 2009 be all that you are hoping for and more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelley, you crack me up. I wish you luck with the relay and I am sad that I won't be part of your team. Can we at least do some training runs with friends? I hope you get to plan a vacation this year and go on it! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look like I just got off a horse in that picture. Good Times. I hope that we can look half this good after our next race.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am already vowing to wear longer shorts. No promises on the hair-do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd forgotten all about that picture - I want my short hair back (but NOT those legs!)

    Maybe we'll pass each other in the night at Ragnar, it will be a great adventure for you both!

    ReplyDelete