Monday, May 4, 2009

Digging a Hole




I have been digging a hole.

My poor posterity have missed out on 3 whole months of the Radmalls' exploits. I don't feign to believe I've got more readers than like 3 close family relatives, but my posterity is really missing out, here. They've missed out on 12 week's possible blackmail to be used on their parents, my jazzy and quirky children. So, sorry, future grandkiddies. (May I be so lucky, and may the world hang on till then:) And, for my 3 beloved readers, I really am sorry. And grateful that you survive my posts.

The problem is that this digging is more than just figurative. ALL, literally, all of my extra time has gone toward the digging up and removal of several tons of weeds and unwanted perrenials, trees, and other items, from my garden. We're only talking about the front yard. I'd like to blame it on a pregnancy, childbirth, surgery, darn parade float, and the subsequent lack of attention said garden has received over the past few years. Maybe a lame excuse, but still, its THE excuse. Along with my very fertile soil, and the Lehi winds.

While I can't possibly hope to recapture all the Radmall hyjinx over the last 3 months, suffice it to say that I will approach this new summer season with more vigor, and maybe more pictures and stories for you all. Until then, here is a mental image for how I have spent my last 3 months. The kids have just run wild whilst I've done this sort of gardener's yoga. Pray for my pinched back nerve, will you?

<

10 comments:

  1. I was excited to see your new post! I'm sure that all of your missed blogging and back breaking digging will pay off with a beautiful yard in the end! Maybe you could just skip all of the hassle and put in a rock yard and fake grass like we have down here in AZ! It's easy upkeep, but not pretty like Utah yards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure your posterity will forgive you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to laugh, will you ever let go of that "darn parade float"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! I've missed you! Now you better live up to your promise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your posterity will forgive you. Your sister who lives 2,000 miles away and holds a pretty mean grudge, will not. Please keep posting!

    P.S. Are you really sad that you can't blame your lack of posting on a darn parade float?

    P.P.S. I broke the washer and dryer...in less than 24 hours. It's been a great transition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only three months? Not bad, I say! Will we get pics of the garden?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hah! The sad thing is, this yard looks almost worse than when I started. Oh well! I have missed you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to have you back.... I've missed your posts, they give me a good chuckle. Your kids are so cute. I'm impressed about all your yard work, I can't wait to be done, not renting, and do a garden..Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You said... yet.... I've still got nothin' on you this summer!

    ReplyDelete